Product code 71119VW - White Natural
Sailor or not, there is nothing more timeless and alluring than a classic cable-knit sweater in sumptuous and soft Shetland Wool (tension 3) to face the winter cold. Known as Gansey or Guernsey from the English Channel island where this type of seaman's knitted woolen sweater first originated.
Shetland wool was chosen for jumpers since the 15th century by fishermen who required a warm, hard-wearing, yet comfortable item of clothing that would be realtively easy to look after and resist the sea spray. The Flemish marine knot or bend is one of the strongest, safest, and simplest ways to join two ropes.
- This precious regular-fit jumper features traditional Scottish patterns for a bold impression
- Made from sumptuous and soft Shetland Wool (tension 3)
- Ribbed crewneck neck and edges
- Classic fitting set-in shoulders
- Personalized Sebago Docksides flag.
- Entire: Wool 100%